Monday 21 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 01 + List Updates

Okay so, I just had to update some of the Top 10 lists I've done before, as them not being up to date really bugged me and gnawed my insides. The lists that got updated and the new additions are as follows:

 Take a Shot, Love Hina, ミュステリオン and BRAVE PHOENIX / Don't be long were dropped.


And now to the song challenge!

Day 1 - Favorite Song
Goodbye Happiness by Utada Hikaru



This song hasn't been with me for very long, as it was only released last November - but even so I've already sold my soul to it. Already the preview clip I listened to before the actual release date told me that this would be one of the most beautiful songs that I'll ever hear in my life. It creates a very balanced mix of happiness and sadness, and at the end of the day those two things are what life is about. The melody is very soulful and man, Hikki's singing brings across all the emotion so well that it really amazes me every time I listen to it. And this song, like quite many of Hikki's songs to be honest, really makes me think about my life and what is truly important. I know that this is probably at least the 4th time I'm talking about this song in my blog, but what can I do - it is so amazing. Hikki will always be my #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment