Thursday 7 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 15

Just a song entry again, being a university student on her last semester is a bitch... :(


Though on a random side note, according to our Japanese teacher I am apparently a himo (himohimohiimohimoooo!) and Amy is a hobo. Bless her.


Day 15 - A song that describes you
Sharada by Skye Sweetnam



Once upon a time there was a girl, you wouldn't really call her typical - had her own definition of cool, she lived in her own world. There are probably quite many people who could've guessed that I'd pick this song for this day. I remember how I the very moment I heard this song the first time thought that it was so about me. I think it nicely brings out major qualities I have - such as never really being one of the crowd, always doing/planning something weird and fighting to make my dreams come true. It's fun also how you can very easily say that I've got my head up in the clouds, even though when I aim for something that I want to achieve I do make sure that it is within possible boundaries for me to reach. I think the happy drive of the song also very well depicts a certain love for life, which is something again that I do possess no matter how shit things might sometimes seem. One day she's gonna be famous! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Himo~Himo~Himo~

    Nice choice for the song! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I knew you would comment when Hoshi was somehow involved! :P I started singing that song after she called me a himo and she found it really hilarious. xD

    And thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoshi is a bro! :D
    Of course I'd comment when he is involved :P

    Did she say what it really translate to? lol
    We've always translated it as "gigolo."
    I hear it can liberally be translated to "leech" or "freeloader" or something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;)

    She didn't say exactly but from what she did say I gathered it indeed means a lazy man who just loiters and let's others do the work, but considering our himo talk started with her calling me a toyboy so I think I can deduce that gigolo is right on the mark as well. :P

    ReplyDelete