Wednesday 6 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 14

I was going to write something extra with this but.... now I don't feel like it after all. Maybe tomorrow! ;)

So onward to today's song!

Day 14 - A song no one would expect you to love
Goodbye Earl by Dixie Chicks



So this one was a really hard pick - every time I thought of some weird song that would be fun to put here I remembered that there was this person and that person who knew I liked it. Usually it was just one person too, but even then I felt I could not put that song there! So in the end I decided to go with Dixie Chicks, mainly because I don't think anyone actually knew I liked their songs. Not that I've heard much of them, pretty much just the album(s) my mom has, since when we lived in the States we had a CD rota going on in the car when she drove me to and from school that consisted of Pave Maijanen, J. Karjalainen, Dixie Chicks and a fourth one I can't remember now. I don't think I ever told her, but I did hugely enjoy everything we listened to together back then - especially this fun song, Goodbye Earl. So yes, I did not choose this song because it was a shocking pick for someone like me, just because there was no one I ever told that I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment