Wednesday 24 August 2022

ストラトスフィア(Stratosphere)-Translation-




Unexpectedly (to me anyway) Stratosphere scored the most points in my recent translation poll on Twitter so here it is! I have to say that before I got to translating I hadn't realized how terribly sad this song actually is. I mean, it also is imbued with hope, but yeah, also still very sad too.

I'm sure this will be felt deeply by everyone who has been hit hardest by Covid and lost people they care about; for me as well it makes my heart ache for all the time I have lost with the those dear to me due to essentially being stuck in Japan these past few years, such as with my parents who aren't getting any younger - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of facing the truth of how time has chipped away at them when I finally can visit again.

QC shoutout goes once again to Chinatsu. \o/



ストラトスフィア (Translation)
作詞:松井五郎
作曲:BOUNCEBACK
編曲:ats-

JapaneseEnglish
ふいにひどい嵐が来なければ
あの 空を憎まない
いつも そばに いてくれる誰かを
なぜ 時は また奪う
As long as a raging storm isn't suddenly looming,
I don't hate that sky
Why does time rob me of someone
who's always been by my side yet again
必ず 来る 明日など
ないかも しれないと 泣いたね
だけど胸を巡る
朝に涙は乾くだろう
Something like a tomorrow that will surely come
might not even exist, we cried didn't we
but it keeps going around in your head
The tears will dry in the morning won't they
瓦礫に 埋もれた花にも その手は
光を諦めようとはしない
わずかな水滴も いつか石を砕くよ
生きるのは 苦しむためじゃない (Don’t cry)
Even for a flower buried in rubble, those hands
won't give up on the light
Even the smallest drop of water, will one day break the stone
Living is not for suffering (Don't cry)
それがただの架空の果実だと
そう 人は騙される
分かれ道で枯れた枝の先に
まだ希望(ゆめ)はあるんだと
It's just a fictional carrot
Yes, people are deceived that
there is still a hopeful dream at the end
of the withered branch of a crossroads
大事なもの守りたい
選べる答えがかけらでも
深い傷があれば
(愛を)込めて抱きしめよう
I want to protect the things dear to me
Even if the choices I can make are fragments
If there are deep wounds
Let's embrace them (with love)
すべてひとつの空
同じ鼓動 刻んでいる
It's all one sky
the same heartbeat we chip away at
孤独に 埋もれた 心に その瞳(め)は
未来を探し出そうとしている
風上を信じて 現実(いま)は続いてゆくよ
生きるのは 悲しむためじゃない (Don’t cry)
In a heart buried in loneliness, those eyes are
trying to find a future
Believe in where the wind is blowing from, the now will continue on
Living is not for grieving (Don't cry)

No comments:

Post a Comment