Thursday 24 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 04

So I'm a bit late with this one, my apologies. I blame an awesome evening for this. ;) 

Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne

Embedding is not allowed on like any of the videos of this on YouTube so [click here to listen to it].

Alright, I have to say that there are many songs that make me sad because the atmospheres in songs really affect me very much. I was very tempted to put Hime Murasaki by Mizuki Nana as it is probably the most touching song I've listened to lately, but since my last entry was a song by her already I decided not to use it. Instead, I decided to use the first song that really awakened sad feelings in me whenever I listened to it. That was purely because my life wasn't very fun when Nobody's Home came out and I could see myself in the lyrics very well. Though just to be clear, I did not feel I was alone at home - my family's always been very amazing, but back then I really didn't talk to anyone about how I felt. My home was actually my only safe haven and I was very much alone elsewhere. So yeah, this song reminds me of that time and that's a shame, because I do like this song a lot but at the same time I really don't want to remember what I went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment