Wednesday 1 May 2024

A Summer's End AMV - Desire -情熱-


I've always had trouble getting into visual novels, but recently I found one that sucked me in so completely that I finished it in no time, marking it as the first one I ever actually played till the end. It is called A Summer's End - Hong Kong 1986 and is a beautiful LGBTQ+ story set in Hong Kong in the 80's. The visuals are incredible and the soundtrack really sets the mood well for the time period. 

Once I realized that the original version of Desire -情熱- (this Nana cover I used is not though) is also from 1986, this idea took hold of my brain and I had to manifest it so here I am! Been a while since I've indulged in AMV shenanigans - hope y'all like it! (TikTok version [here] )

And if you like what you see or are curious about this visual novel please grab it from Steam and give it a go yourself!!! 

The partial lyrics for the song that I used and translated for the video can be found below. If anyone's interested in the full translation for Desire -情熱- just let me know and I'll be happy to do it!



Japanese English
ぶつかり合って廻れ desire
星のかけらを掴め desire
夢はそうよ 見る前に
醒めてしまったら 何にもならない
Spin around colliding into each other, desire 
Grasp the fragments of stars, desire
Dreams are like that, if you wake up
before seeing one, it won't become anything
Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up
Burning love
Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up
Burning love
まっさかさまに堕ちて desire
炎のように燃えて desire
恋も dance, dance, dance、dance ほど
夢中になれないなんて 淋しい
Falling utterly head over heels, desire
Burn like a flame, desire
As madly in love as into dance, dance, dance, dance
I am unable to fall, it's lonely
Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up
Burning heart
Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up
Burning heart
Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up
Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up
Burning love
Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up
Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up
Burning love

No comments:

Post a Comment