Monday 28 October 2019

NANA MIZUKI LIVE EXPRESS 2019 Delivery 09 at Iwate




Trying to really pick up the speed with my reports... and miraculously, I only have one left after this one! Gasp! .... can't even remember the last time I was this caught up. xD Is this really happening??

(For report on LIVE EXPRESS 2019 Delivery 05 at Kyoto, go [here]!)


Before Concert
Man, this venue was literally in the middle of nowhere. xD A Japanese fan was walking with us from the bus stop and was quite intrigued about a few foreigners showing up in such a far-flung place I guess lol so he was talking to us till we got to the venue. It was so nice and peaceful around there as well with vast fields of grass and not the usual masses of people we are used to at concerts. There was a nice food stand as well, that had a really nice shiikuwasha drink. All in all a nice relaxing wait for the concert venue to open!

... That's how far the peace lasted though. Once we got inside, it soon became pretty clear to us that right in front of our seats was a group of guys who do the different than everyone else color penlight claws and go all out with crazy wota dances, which was quite distracting. ^^; They were having a lot of fun though so good for them, but I'm just happy that in all my years of concert going this was the first time this happened, since I'd rather have my focus on Nana 100%.



SET LIST:
01.WHAT YOU WANT
02.Poison Lily
MC1
03.Kakumei Dualism
04.What cheer?
05.Freestyle
Cherry Boys -showcase
06.REBELLION
07.ETERNAL BLAZE
MC2
08.WINDOW OF HEART
09.SUPER GENERATION
10.Take a chance
Team Yo-Da -showcase
11.SUMMER PIRATES
12.The NEW STAR
MC3
13.Take a shot
14.PROTECTION
Delivery Nana -insert movie
15.METANOIA
16.Vitalization
MC4
17.MASSIVE WONDERS
18.suddenly~Meguriaete~
19.Astrogation
MC5
20.Searchlight
Encore:
21.No Limit
MC6
22.Jikuu Sapphire
23.Born Free
MC7
24.POWER GATE



Outfit #1 - rocker chick



01.WHAT YOU WANT
I can't get over how great of an opener this is. >< it had even more effect on me now, since the overall atmosphere was not as heavy and sad as it had been at Kyoto.


02.Poison Lily
Yesss, the goodness continues! ... but I still haven't picked this up again at karaoke. Woops! orz I really should though, because this song is up my alley in so many ways....


MC1
Nana bids us welcome! It's the first time she's back in Iwate since LIVE CIRCUS, so it's been six years. Nana tells us that Hikasa Yoko-san is from Iwate and when she found out that Nana is going to Iwate she was like "But why?" and Nana was like "For a live!!! I came before too!!" 


03.Kakumei Dualism
Ohh, yes!!! I always sing this at karaoke with my friend, and now finally she gets to hear it at a live. :3 It's really fun to sing TMR's bits for Nana during concerts, maybe more so than actually having him there to do it (sorry TMR! xD).


04.What cheer?
This as a follow up feels really out of place, but I love it so who cares! Some silliness after the epicness, I'll take it!


05.Freestyle
Oh! Wasn't expecting this. I've been blissfully ignoring set lists so that the rotations come as a surprise. It's definitely more fun this way.


Cherry Boys -showcase
Nothing new here, the most interesting part will be discussed in detail during the next MC. xD



Outfit #2 - subtle rainbowy dress


06.REBELLION
I had forgotten AGAIN how captivated I had been by this song in the Nana Labo live viewing (which was a good thing considering the announcement later that all these digital download songs would be on the new album lol), so I was really excited to rediscover it again.


07.ETERNAL BLAZE
The epicness is going strong!! Feels a bit of a waste to have this right before an MC, since you're all pumped up afterwards but oh well!


MC2
Mawatte- calls! Nana does the mou ikkai with Yutapon. He elaborates on what he said during the CheriBo intro, and tells us a story of how he and his friends used to be yankees and during a school trip they broke the microphone in the bus. As punishment their teacher made then do seiza while everyone else was having fun, even during the group pic. xD Was real sucky when it happened, but now it makes for a fun story he says.

Then it's time for the special corner of LIVE EXPRESS! Nana asks who has already attended a LIVE EXPRESS concert before and for whom this is their first time this tour. "No spoilers!" she tells us. She explains the concept of how she is singing songs she hasn't sang yet in her thirties and how there are many eligible songs, so it was very hard to pick. Today, it will be WINDOW OF HEART.


08.WINDOW OF HEART
This was once again a song I haven't been listening to, I guess a lot of her early ones are like that for me.. also funny that for this corner the trend for us so far has been to get a song that has "heart" as part of the title every time... wonder what will happen next time??


09.SUPER GENERATION
Was hoping for a different rotation here, but I'll take SUPER GENERATION!


10.Take a chance
Yep, I really do have to admit I've taken a real shine on this now thanks to the calls. It's so much fun! Never knew that years later after dismissing this song, I'd change my mind so drastically but here we are lol.


Team Yo-Da -showcase
Anna had to do her intro bit with a dance representing a baseball player, who's name I didn't catch. Mayu did hers of some kind of beef, Yumeko did wankosoba, Shizuka got the Sansa Odori, a big summer festival that happens in the Iwate capital, Morioka, every summer. It made me want to go one day!



Outfit #3 - delivery lady



11.SUMMER PIRATES
Ahhhh, I just can't get enough of this song!! It's been a while since I've been so enchanted by a new dance song, that it'll be a shame to lose this as the headliner for the dance corner once LIVE EXPRESS is over.


12.The NEW STAR
I was really hoping for HIGH-STEPPER again so for the first fraction of a second I was really disappointed, until my brain registered that it was The NEW STAR and then I got excited because this song rocks too. xD Considering all the technical difficulties it was plagued with at LIVE PARK it definitely deserved a flawless execution like the one we got tonight. <3


MC3
Nana talks about SUMMER PIRATES and Nakau. Nana tells how she went to a supermarket in Roppongi and someone called "Nana!" and she was like "Huh??. Turns out it was Yamadera-san. He had just been to Nakau with his manager. He tells that he has something for Nana in his car, which has been there already for like a year because he keeps forgetting to give it to her. xD It was a bag with a big 7 on it and she was like "Won't this make it seem like she loves herself too much?" so she tells us that if anyone sees her using the bag just remember that it was a gift from Yamadera-san. He apparently has a matching one lol. Anyways, to wrap up this story, Nana tells us to go to Nakau because even Yamadera-san recommends the new dish!


13.Take a shot
Shoot all that nostalgia straight up my veins again!


14.PROTECTION
I used to think of Happy☆Go-Round! as my favorite towel song, but now after hearing my golden oldie PROTECTION finally live this summer, I have to say that this is still near and dear to my heart and takes the number one slot.


Delivery Nana -insert movie
For details, check the [Kyoto report]!



Outfit #4 - badass white dress



15.METANOIA
This time I was a bit more prepared for the abundant METANOIA calls! I am really, really loving this song.


16.Vitalization
Oh! Nice to get a rotation of Symphogear songs!


MC4
Nana talks about Symphogear. There is a reason why all these songs from the series are coming up now at this part of the concert! Even her outfit is connected to Tsubasa, but she can't say how because that would be a spoiler. Speaking of, Ai-chan is coming to M no Sekai next week and they will do some puns... but a bit different from the ones that Itaruvich usually does because he is on another level entirely. Ai-chan herself also says that she can't compare to Master Itaruvich. Nana then reminds us that Symphogear is not a pun show though, it is very serious! Then she remembers the insert movie we just watched and reckons that maybe she should explain it a bit. She tells us that the package we see close up has the label hand written by her and its contents are different every time. The "to" is the current concert venue and what's being sent is related to the previous one (as in, it's something that you can only buy from that place). This time it was "kusatsu onsen no moto". Nana also tells us that the foreign guy in the videos is Michael and he's lived in Japan for 30 years and speaks perfect Japanese. There is a certain line close to the end of the insert movie that he always says in the regional dialect of where the current live is. For Kagawa she had to check from Nakamura Yuuchi what he should say.


17.MASSIVE WONDERS
I was ready for some Unbreakable again, but MASSIVE WONDERS came from out of nowhere!! Not in the top echelon of my Nanoha song preference though..


18.suddenly~Meguriaete~
Suddenlyyyyyyyy!


19.Astrogation
Happy this stayed the same as in Kyoto! It's one of my friend's favorites and idk, I just get weirdly happy when the people I take to concerts with me get to hear what they wanna hear. ^^

MC5
Time for the last song. Nana asks us to take out our phones for this one and explains how it is linked to a line in the lyrics.


20.Searchlight
While I really like the whole smartphone flashlights thing for this song, it's starting to annoy me that there are people around who see it as a loophole to do stuff they are not supposed to.... saw some folks recording video while waving theirs around. >< Come on peeps, respect the rules set by your favorite artist!


Encore call!
Naaaa-na!


Outfit #5 - encore


21.No Limit
Yay, forklift time! Since we were in a pretty nice spot on the arena, we got to see her go past pretty close!


MC6
Shassu! Nana's been doing Smile-gang for like 16 years. It'll be time for the 1000th episode in 2 years time. She and Misato never thought it would go on for this long. They still do some really crazy stuff even though they are adults.


22.Jikuu Sapphire
Oh! Niceeeeee! I was ready to complain about not getting another dose of my Juujika no Spread, but honestly I have no need to complain. xD While one reminds me of my very first concert, the other reminds me of my very first concert living in Japan! <3


23.Born Free
Yay!! I have been literally looping the newest single for the past month so I was totally ready to absorb all three of the songs into my very being tonight. I already had time to change my mind about this one, to "well, it's not THAT special..." but then it brought me around again and now I can't get enough. xD


MC7
Time for what is REALLY the last song!


24.POWER GATE
I can't help but continue to feel that POWER GATE has been appearing a loooooot as an encore, after LIVE GATE started the trend? I don't mind it but it is a bit strange that it isn't being rotated with something else more.



Man, the way back from the venue was super interesting. We decided to walk to the nearest train station which was a good 40 min walk (since we reckoned it'd be impossible to guarantee buses at that hour), and most of it was in total darkness. xD It was very lovely imagining all the little critters scurrying at our feet in the blackness... which you did catch glimpses of every now and then when there happened to be a bit of lamps around. Ugh. This is why I don't think I could ever live in the countryside... orz



No comments:

Post a Comment