Sunday 3 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 11

So I'm running a bit behind, whoops. I can only say in my defense that university is seriously sucking the life out of me lately so I really have no energy or time to do anything extra. Sigh.

But anyway, here is the next song..

Day 11 - A song from your favorite band
Dreaming Wide Awake by Poets of the Fall



So, I can't say I had any particular reason to choose this specific song - I really love all of Poets of the Fall's songs and I just picked the first song that caught my eye on my iTunes. I love Poets of the  Fall as I think they're one of the only bands who actually have a lot of things to say in their songs. Their lyrics are very carefully woven into a net of gracefulness and cleverness that it is a huge pleasure to listen to them again and again, especially for me as I love to play with words myself as well. Their songs also really make you think about stuff and life in general. Very deep. Also they are quite consistent in  their quality - I have yet to encounter a Poets of the Fall album I do not love. :)

And I actually have an idea concerning this song but I am not sure if it's any good haha. That'll remain to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment