Sunday 12 May 2019

NANA MIZUKI LIVE ISLAND 2018 Wave 12 at Saitama



Stylishly too late to make it before the BD/DVD release (which I will outdo by quite a mile with my LIVE GRACE III reports...... *internal scream*), but I am happy to cross out LIVE ISLAND off from my backlog finally! Next up will be some other events instead of concerts so please look forward to those. :3

(For report on LIVE ISLAND 2018 Wave 01, go [here]!)


Goods
Today they had the Joysound karaoke stand with people performing by the goods queue and we might have seen the most adorable thing ever. A little girl and her dad all dressed up in the PV outfits singing Kakumei Dualism together! D'awww. Now that's the kind of parent I wanna be too, if I have kids - take part in stuff like this that means a lot to the kid. Though, my feelings of awe got a bit confused when the same little girl got on stage again with her mom this time to sing GUILTY, this time dressed in the sexy LIVE FLIGHT outfit. Maybe at least choose more child friendly songs/outfits? D: Though who am I to say..... I went around singing out loud Aqua's Barbie Girl ("hanky pankyyy") before I understood English when I was like 8 or so. ^^;;




Also, while we were waiting around after the goods, me and my friend got interviewed for one of the TV shows Nana was going to appear in a few weeks later, and we tried to do our best to represent the foreigner fanbase, but sadly it didn't end up in the final cut. orz


Inside Met Life Dome
We had some pretty interesting seats today, it was not quite the arena nor the stand but a weird box attached to the right stand kind of in-between that and the arena. xD There were some structures kind of in the way of our view, but at least we'd see Nana close when she goes around!


SET LIST:
01. STARTING NOW!
02. Angel Blossom
03. Ano ne -Mamimume Mogacho-
MC1
04. Happy dive
05. You have a dream
Cherry Boys -showcase
06. Chinmoku no Kajitsu
07. BLUE ROSE
MC2
08. late summer tale
09. SECRET AMBITION
10. Invisible Heat
Team Yo-Da -showcase
11. PARTY! PARTY!
12. still in the groove
MC3
13. Hungry Hungry
14. Karen Moyou
Nana goes to Island -insert movie
15. Aoi Iro
16. Happy-Go-Round
MC4
17. WHAT YOU WANT
18. ETERNAL BLAZE
19. NEXT ARCADIA
20. Exterminate
MC5
21. FEARLESS HERO
Encore:
22. Zankou no Gaia
23. Kimi yo Sakebe
MC6
24. Birth of Legend
25. POP MASTER
Encore II:
26. DISCOTHEQUE



Outfit #1 - Red Sailor Girl




01. STARTING NOW!
Nana started things with a splash, by driving a water jet on actual water down the middle stage! Could see the water spraying everywhere. xD She was going pretty fast too, so you could feel it interfering with the song a little bit. But as long as she's having fun, so am I!


02. Angel Blossom
Yeeeesss! I can't believe how well I still remember this dance even though it's been quite some time. My friend's mom came along with us this time because she was curious about the concert experience, and even she was dancing along with us! \o/


03. Ano ne -Mamimume Mogacho-
I really wanted these three songs to stay the same from Sendai, so my friends would get to hear them too thanks to our special Angel Blossom video memories and because Ano ne -Mamimume Mogacho- is just so much fun, so I am pretty content! 

MC1
Welcome to the LIVE ISLAND final! Nana says that now the journey of the summer tour is coming to an end. She mentions it's her 7th time in Metlife Dome (formerly Seibu Dome and other names xD), where she also had her very first dome live ever (LIVE DIAMOND in 2009)!  So she really wants to make tonight special because of that. Nana makes a comment about the weather today as well and how it actually ended up being quite perfect for this kind of venue. She had been worried about how hot it would be and if everyone would be okay, but now it was actually no problem because of the crazy rain. Nana moves on to talk about the water jet. Tonight she had actual water under it and was actually driving it herself. She hopes she didn't splash anyone, because she tends to accelerate when she gets excited. 


04. Happy dive
I hadn't had the chance to give this a more active listen in between this LIVE ISLAND and the previous, but still, I did enjoy the relaxing atmosphere again after the dance heavy starting trio.


05. You have a dream
Glad to be getting something else from Setsuna Capacity, especially when it is this! It is starting to feel like the summery concert vibe isn't fully achieved if I don't hear this song at least once during a  summer tour. 


Cherry Boys -showcase
Itaruvich tells a pun of course, though can't remember what it was. Kado-D does some hulahooping. Tom pulls out a surfboard, pulls out a baseball shirt and then pulls out an iron and starts to iron the shirt on the surfboard. xD Yutapon takes a selfie. Fire comes with all this snorkeling gear and it's looking like soap bubbles are coming out of there. Cho-san shows up with "fan girls".


Outfit #2 - White Summer Dress



06. Chinmoku no Kajitsu
I keep forgetting how powerful this song is, since it doesn't really come across in its full potential on the album but now hearing it more than once during LIVE ISLAND it keeps blowing me away. Maybe part of it is also that it is the first more epic song of the evening, as the starting segment focused on cuter songs.


07. BLUE ROSE
Once again a pang of guilt ran through me when this song started, because I had completely forgotten about it since I never bought it.


MC2
Time for Mawatte-calls! And the mou ikkai was of course with all of the CheriBo, since it is the final tonight. Nana gives us an explanation of the island special corner and what she sang at previous LIVE ISLAND concerts. I missed out on Sabaku no Umi yet again... orz Today she will do the corner with all the CheriBo with special appearances from Martin's son, Shu-chan and Aniki. Half of the CheriBo are playing odd instruments that are not their own again - Shu-chan has a bass that looks like an ukulele, Kenny is using a cowbell and Ryutan is on congos.




08. late summer tale
I feel like I hear this every summer.. which is not surprising really considering it is one of the most summery songs that Nana has. xD But this special version was definitely nothing like I had ever heard before. Really, really loved it! 

Nana asks us "How was it?" and of course everyone thought it was AMAZING!! Nana talks to all the special members of the CheriBo and Martin. We even get a mom joke for Martin's son, Ashton. Nana then talks about Nanoha and her upcoming songs. And so, the next song will be from Nanoha...


09. SECRET AMBITION
Wow, it feels like forever since I've heard this one! The opening melody really took me back years and made me realize how long I have already been doing this going to concerts thing.


10. Invisible Heat
The Nanoha corner continues! Hearing this made me a bit sad that @flying_mug couldn't make it today due to not being in the country for a few months. This is one of his recent favorites after all and it has admittedly kept growing on me too.


Team Yo-Da -showcase
Whoa, so many Team Yo-Da members today! Looks like there was another returnee in addition to Shizuka, but I missed her name.


Outfit #3 - Tropical Gold & Lace



11. PARTY! PARTY!
I just realized that it's kind of cool that the last time I heard PARTY! PARTY! before LIVE ISLAND, was in the first concert that I went to after moving to Japan for the first time and now I am getting it again in the first live I went to after moving to Japan again! I guess it's something worth party parting about!


12. still in the groove
Holy shit, once again I get still in the groove! It's become such an ongoing source of amusement for me how many times I've heard this along the years... which I am sure you're aware of it you've been reading my reports. xD I can't believe it got me again tonight!!

MC3
Nana talks about DJ Sakaryuu and how he first appeared in LIVE MUSEUM. She then returns to the topic of her upcoming single and how there is a song again for Nakau. Nana asks who has seen the CM with it. She then says that as a special gift she will sing that song for us now.


13. Hungry Hungry
Okay, this was a weird combo of Please download and GUILTY. xD The dance was fun, especially the instrumental part where Team Yo-da were all hands on Nana and then "exploded" away.


14. Karen Moyou
Feels like quite a while since I heard this! Which is kinda lol considering that I just heard it in Miyagi earlier this summer. xD But idk, I guess the song itself just has a nostalgic feel to it, enough for it to even affect me personally.


Nana goes to Island -insert movie
The challenge that Nana faces on the island tonight has changed and involves shoveling sand frim a sandpile with a stick stuck in the middle of it, with two buff guys doing the same. The person who makes the stick fall over loses.


Outfit #4 - Jeans Dress




15. Aoi Iro
Nana shows up on top of a giant whale that even spits water. At one point Nana looked like she almost was gonna fall from its back because it was rocking like crazy, but mostly she pulled through the song like a champ. It was really nice seeing the whale "swim" through the blue ocean of penlights.


16. Happy-Go-Round
Ha, so last time in Seibu Dome we got this after some elephant shenanigans in LIVE CIRCUS and this time it'll be on a whale!


MC4
Nana talks about the whale. Nanoha's mom's seiyuu ties into this narrative about the whale. A whale  is like a mother for all creatures of the sea. she was telling the reactions she got when she said she wanted this whale to be made. Nana then asks if anyone wants to buy the whale and says that those people who just said yes are either lying or are reaaaaaally rich. Next she has another surprise in store for us, it is the headlining song of Wonder Quest EP, even though all the songs on it are A sides. So far the title for this one has been a secret, but now she will reveal it to us.


17. WHAT YOU WANT
Really happy to get to hear this live!! Nana starts it off with a megaphone. I used to think that maybe this song was a bit too simple because of the repetitive chorus, but actually I really like it. Nana's singing style is a bit different for it so it's very nice to listen to it.


18. ETERNAL BLAZE
Time to get fired up!!! Well.. I was already pretty fired up from WHAT YOU WANT, but time to still take it up a notch! xD Hello, orange sea of light!


19. NEXT ARCADIA
The orange sea continues! I have to say I really like it when the lives push out such an energetic epic ending with one powerful song after the other. It's truly what I live for!


20. Exterminate
Yessss, glad to get this again! Since the LIVE ADVENTURE karaoke video is from Seibu Dome, it kinda now feels like this song just belongs to this place.


MC5
It is once again the time for the words she doesn't want to say. Yep, the last song. Nana picked this one, because it fits the feelings you have at summer's end.


21. FEARLESS HERO
Still not convinced with this as the last song before encore, but oh well, I knew it wasn't gonna get changed so I'll take it!


Encore:
Nanananananananaaaa!


Outfit #5 - Encore



22. Zankou no Gaia
Oh! This was a bit of a surprise! I know I've said this about a lot of songs but it felt very nostalgic to hear it, like seeing a good friend after a really long time apart. It felt so homey, because of that.


23. Kimi yo Sakebe
The NEXT ARCADIA vibes okgooo! I've come to realize that it is actually pretty nice to hear both this and NEXT ARCADIA so soon after each other because it helps the differences of each song stand out more.


MC6
Shassu! Nana thanks us for calling her back! She goes on to say in awe that it's already been 16 years of Smile-gang and they are in the nine hundreds when it comes to episodes! (Previously I claimed, Nana did the bicycle challenge which was an oversight on my part! The following has been corrected 2019/06/02, thanks to Amelala's sharp eyes:) Nana then reminds us that she has another radio show too, M no Sekai, and how one of her staff did a challenge there in which he rode a bicycle for a route that was 134 km long and as result 7 lucky fans will get a pizza as a present. xD


Nana has some happy announcements for us, SUCH AS LIVE GRACE OPUS III!!! So many new songs have been born in the 6 years (holy shit it's been 6 years?? D:) between the previous GRACE, so there are many new songs to challenge in orchestral form. But that's not all! Nana also tells us that she will have a charity concert in Ehime, because that particular hall will be demolished soon. They contacted her if she would do the honor of being the last person to perform there before it is gone and she of course said yes.


24. Birth of Legend
I still haven't taken the time to get super familiar with this song so my feelings are still a bit hmm even after a year. xD But in the moment, it is nice to listen to!!


25. POP MASTER
Yay, my favorite encore mainstay! Happy to be getting it more than once this summer. :3 POP MASTER just puts you in a good mood no matter how many times you hear it...


Encore II: 
Mou ikkaaaai, mouuuu ikkai!


Nana thanks us for calling her back again! Since this is the 7th time she is in Seibu Dome (well, Met Life Dome this time since the name keeps changing..) she wanted to do something special, and she also reiterates that it is also because Seibu Dome is where she had her first dome live.  She reminisces about her feelings in LIVE DIAMOND when she was here performing for the first time and made the announcement for LIVE FEVER in Budokan for 3 days. She was really nervous. So she was thinking that in honor of that she wanted to sing again tonight the song that came after that moment.


26. DISCOTHEQUE
Well that takes me back! I didn't get to attend LIVE DIAMOND in person, but it was the first live that I watched on BD and it really blew me away back then. Nana's come such a long way since then and listening to DISCOTHEQUE now just gives off a very different feeling to what it did then. Worthy end to a lovely night!

3 comments:

  1. just to make a correction that the person who did that challenge is a staff from M no sekai
    https://twitter.com/m20081001/status/1035766707220926464
    he also did finish a challange for live gate where his reward is champagne...so call date with nana ^^;;
    https://www.mizukinana.jp/blog/2018/11/post-4158.html

    and if i did understand correctly nana paid the pizza out from her pocket money and gave a coupon to 7 fans
    https://twitter.com/kuro0102/status/1087380984201281536
    https://twitter.com/kuro0102/status/1054420652440993792

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing it out! I really appreciate you letting me know, so I could actually fix it! ^^

      I guess I was in too much of a rush to finish off LIVE ISLAND to cross-check my notes with the facts properly... orz

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete